Faith & Deeds   by Suzie
As we studied different stories during our time at 4040 training, I was struck a new by the story of faith and deeds.
James 2:14-18-“What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?  Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food.  If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?  In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.”


By no means, do I believe every born again Christian has to leave his home to serve the Lord, but I do believe that EVERY Christian is a missionary.
In life, there are people in need all around us.  No matter where we live, it seems like there’s always more to do; more people to help.

Being at 4040 has reminded me of our need to continue to GIVE!  As a missionary, I need to pray continually and seek discernment in everything.  Then I need to be faithful to follow the leading of the Lord and let my faith and deeds move together.  There is a perfect balance that we can only find in the Lord.  As I seek to find that balance, I pray Ephesians 6:19, that whenever I open my mouth, words would be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the Gospel. 

As Paul, Silas & Timothy prayed for the people in Thessalonica, this, also, is my prayer for you and me: that others will be able to “remember before our God and Father our work produced by faith, our labor prompted by love, and our endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thes. 1:3) Through all of us may He be glorified through our faith & our deeds!
Adam representing our family in giving a pastor in Petauke, Zambia, a chicken in an effort to meet his needs and thank him and his wife for serving the Lord!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Time to Come Home

Walking By Faith...through a Never-ending Storm

Short but Packed