Difficulties leading to praise.
Wow, January has been a crazy month. We have probably had the hardest month so far on the field. As many of you know Adam's nephew David had surgery to have a tumor removed from his spinal chord. This was incredibly difficult knowing all the potential dangers that went along with the surgery. Knowing that we could not and still cannot be at the hospitals and encourage and stand beside the family physically was and is hard. Also, knowing other family members were having test run and minor procedures done made us feel inadequate at times. Furthermore, though we did well on our language proficiency test (ahead of schedule) we hit the biggest wall of our short Malagasy learning careers. The wall is still there but I do believe we have put a giant sledge-hammer through it. On top of it all we got one of the largest electric bills ever and had to change some things around financially. So in the midst of beginning to feel useless the Lord decided to teach us His Mighty Power. First of all the Lord has answered and is answering our prayers concerning David. He had a very successful surgery and none of the scary scenarios occurred. He is now in rehab learning to use the right side of his body again. The other family members seem to be doing well overall. Language seems to be coming along and we are understanding more and more each day. The best part is that the Lord is allowing us to develop friendships and have opportunities to share His Greatness. This week we get to teach God's Word at a school. People are asking us to come back and share. So humbling considering that we feel so inadequate but our Lord is so able to do all things. We do have five Bible verses memorized in Malagasy and that is cool! Finally, through finding ways to cut back a little due to the electric bill we have been able to find new places to buy items. Most if these items are better and half the price. Furthermore, we have been able to give 24 Bibles to a Pastor starting a Bible study. We cannot thank you all enough for your prayers and support. We are so appreciative.
- We have an upcoming vision trip to Toliara.
- For the Antandroy to be ready to hear the Gospel
- For relationships to continue to grow and for us to effectively communicate the Gospel while in Language school.
- For upcoming training time. We will have many transitions over the next five months.
- Language acquisition. That we would be able to begin to broaden our vocabulary and gain the speed and intonation that the Malagasy have.
- Our first Oral Proficiency Test went well.
- David is doing better each Day!!!!
- We are seeing the Lord move in lives. One person is beginning to teach his family what we are teaching him.
- We are being presented with many opportunities to share the Good News.
- Phoebe had an Awesome time at youth camp.
The Red Island
Lake Tritriva while Phoebe was at camp.
Happy Girls! They are doing Great!
Trash Day! People digging through it. Also here it is burnable, burnable or burnable.